The physico-mechanical and rheological aspects of a product are immediately perceived by the end consumer, and can result in consumers selecting one product over another. Tests can be carried out to assess:
- the resistance,
- the texture,
- the performance,
of products, based on their normal or reasonably foreseeable intended use.
They can be divided in
- "test to appraise the resistance", e.g. resistance to
- impact and dropping
- Absorption of liquids and the comfort of diapers, incontinence products, sanitary towels, and pantyliners. We offer a comprehensive range of assessments for these products, including rewetting, absorption speed, absorption capacity in accordance with ISO 11948-1, run-off, the performance of fastening tabs, re-fastenability, etc.
- Ability to pick up and trap suspended solids (dust)
- Adherence to surfaces
- Static and dynamic coefficient of friction
- Performance of shopping bags, waste bags, freezer bags
The tests can be carried out to evaluate a specific aspect of a product, to compare the data obtained with a technical specification or with the performance of rival products, and/or to evaluate the product after accelerated aging (link). Our laboratory is able to evaluate the physico-mechanical characteristics of a wide range of materials, including plastic films, paper, textiles, non-woven fabrics, and gloves, using both standard and internal methods, developed to meet specific customer demands.