Sensory and Consumer Research
Sensory analysis is a scientific discipline that applies principles of experimental design and statistical analysis to the use of human senses (sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing) for the purpose of evaluating sensory characteristics of products and insight into the consumer’s feeling and expectation.
With an over 30 years of practical experience in sensory research and sensory judge team, Mérieux NutriSciences could help you to evaluate the quality of your products, discover consumer attitudes, compare products against competitors and generate new product ideas with our sensory services.
Our Sensory and Consumer research
Mérieux NutriSciences serves in all categories: food, beverages, cosmetics, home care, personal care, fine fragrances, packaging…, whenever there is a need for sensory insights.
Sensory research services
Sensory testing services
- Descriptive Analysis
- Difference Testing
Consumer research services
- Qualitative studies: Designed to create consumer understanding through observation and analysis of gestures, behavior, emotions, feelings and relationship with the product or brand.
- Quantitative studies: Allows you to evaluate your market and define your offer based upon a solid understanding of consumer attitudes, usages and segmentation.
Training Academy: We offer customized solutions for your expert panels.
Bring over 30 years’ experience in sensory research to help R&D groups, marketers, sales teams and manufacturers to optimize their product characteristics.
With 240 sensory experts in 12 dedicated labs on four continents, we offer a full spectrum of sensory services.
Our sensory studies enable you to:
- Establish the sensory positioning of your products in their competitive environment
- Explain consumer preferences (Preference Mapping) and define optimization routes or identify new sensory niches
- Understand the sensory signature of a brand
- Validate new formulations or manufacturing processes
- Evaluate sensory constancy of your products through time (shelf-life determination, quality follow-up, etc.)
- Create a sensory vocabulary specific to your product’s category